Are you looking for a gift for the love in your life? Westport Winery’s Bella is truly a gift from the heart!
Here are ten favorite facts about Bella:
- All of Westport’s wines have names that reflect an aspect of the local coastal culture. This wine is named in honor of Bella Swan the main character of the romantic Twilight book and movie series set in Forks.
- Each of Westport’s wines benefits a different local charity. A portion of the proceeds from Bella is dedicated to the Mt. Rainier Chapter of the American Red Cross, specifically the blood bank.
- Bella is crafted from Sangiovese grapes. This varietal is best known for wines that come from the Chianti region and are often referred to as Super Tuscans. The Italian translation means “blood of Jupiter.”
- These grapes were harvested at Red Willow Vineyard in the Yakima Valley AVA. This is the home of the vineyard’s iconic Monsignor Chapel, one of the most beloved and photographed structures in Washington wine country.
- On the tasting notes Bella is described as a vision of the rain forest: dark, serene and towering.
- Bella is recommended to be paired with Cheese Ravioli with Fresh Pesto and Prawns in the Sea Glass Grill.
- As a red wine, Bella is filled with resveratrol, a component sometimes beneficial to heart health.
- Every Westport wine is commemorated in the display gardens by a sculpture. Lora Malakoff of Clallam Bay is the artist of this sculpture located in the Beauty From Ashes Garden.
- The label for Bella was painted by Roberts’ family friend Darryl Easter. It is a watercolor of a Woodie he refurbished, but the image was cropped so that the vehicle resembled the truck driven by Bella in the movie. Her truck is usually parked in front of the Forks Visitor Information Center.
- There are signs in the gardens at Westport Winery Garden Resort detailing information on each wine’s label, sculpture, grape and even a quote. On the sign about Bella the quote is from Bella Swan, “Tell me then…how then do I become a vampire?”
Westport Winery Seaside just received the Rising Star Award from the Seaside Chamber of Commerce. Westport Winery and the Roberts family were honored with Seattle Business Magazine’s Community Involvement Business of the Year for 2018. In 2017 the Westport Winery Garden Resort was named Greater Grays Harbor Business of the Year. USA Today named the Sea Glass Grill at Westport Winery Garden Resort one of the top five winery restaurants in the nation. The business has been voted Best Winery by King 5 Evening Magazine.
In 2016 Westport Winery was honored as one of the top twenty most-admired wineries in North America by Winery & Vineyard Management Magazine. The business earned Best Winery, Best Wine Shop, and Best Boutique Winery for 2016 by South Sound Magazine. They received the Grays Harbor Environmental Stewardship Award in 2015. They are finalist to the Best Washington Family Business competition by Seattle Business Magazine. And in 2011 they garnered Washington Winery to Watch by Wine Press Northwest.
In Oregon, Westport Winery Seaside and Seaside Kites are open daily from 11am to 6pm. For more information on the Oregon operation guests can visit their website at www.westportwinery.com. Family-friendly Westport Winery Garden Resort is located on the corner of Highway 105 and South Arbor Road halfway between Aberdeen and Westport. The Sea Glass Grill at the resort is open daily or brunch, lunch, and dinner from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and until 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. For more information or reservations call 360-648-2224.